Thursday, October 23, 2008


So last weekend was a blast!!

I drove down to Jersey with a girl friend to meet this guy I had been talking to online for awhile (Hi Sam!!), she was going to the city to meet some long time friends of hers. The drive down was uneventful (except for her loosing the toll ticket in the car without moving...good going Beck), but we laughed and generally enjoyed each other's company.

After I dropped her at the train station, it was time for me to find this guy's place. It should have been easy. Couple exits back and stay on that highway till I got to his town...but the best laid plans of mice and men. After about an hour I finally found my way and there he was waiting with drink in hand to greet me and carry my stuff for me. I can't remember the last time a guy did that for me... I don't think one ever has.

We stayed up and talked, and did other things. All in all it was a good first night.

The next day, we had these plans to take some pictures (which I was WAY to nervous for, but we tried) and maybe get out. None of that really happened, but I did get to meet his friends (the reason I was so nervous). They were awesome. One of them had or was going to turn 30. She was the cutest little thing I was ready to steal her and take her home with me. They all made me feel very welcomed and I felt like a fool for being so nervous all day. That night we just chilled out at his place he watched TV (sports I think) and I played with the dog till I got tired. A very good day.

The next day was Sunday and my last day in town. We went out to breakfast and had a slow lazy kind of morning. We talk about a lot of things, people we had dated, things we wanted in our lives, things we didn't. Then it came time for me to leave. I expected to feel something, anything, after the weekend we had spent together. But I didn't.

The trip back was the best part of the whole weekend. I picked up my girlfriend from the train station, having slept about 3 hours over the whole weekend and with a cold starting. I was in no condition to drive, but she couldn't, so I had to.

We laughed so much. Partly because we were both so tired, partly because of the dumb stuff that came up. Like we were doing cross word like puzzles together. She would read the clue and I would give extremely random answers. One of the clues was "adore" I heard "a door" so I had to give her a 6 letter opposite for it, I said "wallll". Another was "bury", I heard "berry"... I couldn't even come up with an answer for that one.

We got lost, really REALLY lost. and the 4 hour trip turned into 6. We also some how managed to completely MISS the toll ticket booth this time, so we didn't have a ticket to loose and they "yelled" at us about it.

By the time we got home it was all I could do to fall into bed when I got here.

I've been sick with the cold since, and things haven't been so great in life other wise, but I think of that trip and I smile. I'm really glad I took the time to do it and didn't talk myself out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment